Saturday, July 16, 2011

My no good, very bad day

So Thursday was definitely NOT the best day of my life. You know how you have those days where you just want to throw your hands in the air and shout "I give up!" and then run and hide under your covers until the day is over? Ya, it was that kind of day. So stupid little things happened that morning that weren't Earth shattering, but just kind of made me think "bummer". Like the fact that this hotel doesn't have a blow dryer, and that I lost my make-up somewhere along the move. And then when I went to make lunch I found that all our meat had gone bad because the ice in our cooler had melted faster then I thought it would. Then we found out that Andy hadn't gotten a second interview at Syracuse Fire Department when he felt so sure he had done really well in his first one. So our day was just kind of a bummer day, but we were grinning and baring it! Then around 1 pm we got called to a job, so we gathered all our tools and headed out. So we are driving down the road at MAX 45 mph and my hood starts to bounce!! So Andy hits the breaks, but not before the hood catches another wind and flies completely open, snapping off the hinges that hold it on to my car and breaking my windshield. I scream because it scares the junk out of me, and he hurries and pulls to the side of the road. We get out to look at it, and my hood is SO mangled, and barely even attached to my car. My windshield is cracked along the bottom too. We both kind of stood there dumb-struck thinking to ourselves "What in the....?!" We have no clue how it happened! We haven't looked under my hood in at least a month!! Not really knowing who or what to be angry at, we shrug our shoulders and get back in the car and head back to the hotel. So yesterday we go to a mechanic that was recommended to us by a local and he tells us that to get it back to its original state it will be over $1,100.00 Say what?! Um I think I will just drive without a hood for awhile sir. And we left. So then Andy calls his mechanic at home and he says he found us a hood for $120 and he wouldn't charge us for labor. Woohoo!! So we just ripped the hood off my car the rest of the way, and we get to drive five hours home Monday to get it fixed, then five hours back. Dang. But we get our car fixed for a good price, so it's worth it! So needless to say, I'm so glad Thursday is over!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers