Friday, July 29, 2011

Casper, WY

I figured I would update my blog since I'm confined to sitting on the bed in our hotel room. Andy found a frog at the river today, and decided to bring it home. Well...now we can't find it. So instead of risking finding it with my foot, I think I'll just wait for him to come home
and look for it.:) But I wanted to blog about the town we are in now. We moved from Lander a little over a week ago and came here to Casper. I must say, this is DEFINITELY my favorite place in Wyoming so far. There is so much to do here!! We've floated the river three times, gone for a little hike to a waterfall, they actually have normal stores here to go shopping in (Yay!!), and there are lots of other sales reps and technicians here, so we have lots of socializing to do. And they even have good radio stations! This made me SOO happy ha ha.
I've missed music! But my two favorite things we've done have been floating the Platte river and our mini hike. Floating the river is so relaxing, and a nice opportunity to work on my tan. At one spot in the river there are some pretty awesome man-made rapids. The first time we went on them there was so much water in the river that the rapids were HUGE! We for sure needed life jackets, but we were already on the river so... They really were kind of scary, but that's what made it so exciting! Today when we went the water level had dropped about a foot, so it wasn't as fun. But
yesterday we went on a hike (it was more like a trail) up to a waterfall. It was beautiful! Then we climbed up the waterfall and sat and looked at an amazing view!! I'm sad that we are leaving here soon. Tomorrow is our last day here, then we pick up and move to Cheyenne. Hopefully I like it just a much.

1 comment:

Followers