Friday, June 10, 2011

June 2, 2011

Alright, so I'm sure all of you know that I have had A LOT going on lately. What a wonderful couple of weeks it has been!! So many exciting things have been happening and I have so much to blog about. The thing I'm most excited to write about is MY WEDDING DAY!!! What a wonderful day it was! It started bright and early at 5:30 am when I got up. Fortunately I was able to get some sleep the night before, so when my alarm went off, I was out of my bed like a racehorse. I was waiting for the jitters to hit me, but the whole morning I felt so calm and ready to marry my sweetheart....until we got to the temple and handed them our recommends. I felt like I wanted to throw up! Andy kept laughing at me because he knew how nervous I was. But then we walked in and started getting ready and my mind went to other things, so I was alright. We sat in the Celestial room of the Salt Lake Temple and we were both in awe at how beautiful
and detailed it was. They came in and told us that our guests were ready for us and we were on our way in to be sealed! We walked in the room and of course I just started crying. It was so awesome to
walk into a beautiful room filled with all the people who truly love us. Our sealer was amazing as well! It was such a perfect morning!
After that we went and did the usual pictures on the steps, and then we got to go do our video. I love how it turned out! The wind was a bit of a pain to try and work around, but overall it was so much fun shooting it. This is the first draft with just the temple, but another one is to come with our reception as well. You can watch it here- http://www.vimeo.com/24701293

Then came our reception. It was an outdoor reception at the Victorian in Layton, and we were VERY nervous that it was going to rain.
Everything was set up outside, and while we were taking pictures it started to sprinkle. I was pretty stressed, and I will admit I turned into Bridezilla there for a minute (Sorry family). But it cleared
up, and while it was a little chilly, the weather was perfect! We had lots of friends and family show up and we were so grateful for everyone that came. We cut the cake, tossed the bouquet and garter, then rode off on the back of a firetruck. It was such a memorable night! One I will never forget.

June 2, 2011 was and will forever be the best day of my life. I'm so incredibly grateful I married Andy, and that he wanted to marry me. What a perfect day for the both of us!!

4 comments:

  1. It was so amazing! Thanks for letting us be a part of it. We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your video Alexa. Wish I was there. Congratulations. You looked gorgeous as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved your wedding! you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish I could have been there!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers